Thursday, June 30, 2016

Goan's Lake

One of our favorite things to do every summer was to visit Goan at her house on Prior Lake, so when we found out that they were selling we were all so sad!  The girls always loved to splash around in the lake and play in the sand, and Ryan and I thoroughly enjoyed the fully stocked fridge in the boat house.  Even Kev got invited out once in a while, the lucky dog.  :)

Goan was good enough to host one last lake trip for me and the girls this week, in the midst of her moving craziness.  I mistakenly thought it was too cool to jump in the lake, so I didn't bring swimsuits.  The lake water was actually perfect, and luckily the girls had no qualms with jumping in fully clothed.

We had such a fun time, and I was so glad we got the chance to create a few more memories.  I know for sure Lyla and Evie will always remember their days at Goan's lake.  She may not live there anymore, but I'm pretty sure it'll always be hers to them.  :)

Thanks for the beautiful afternoon, Goan!

- K









No comments:

Post a Comment