Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Staying at Home Things - 2 1/2 Months In!

So it's been about 2 1/2 months of staying at home and it has really flown!  It's been such a good transition, I love getting to be with my girls and have really enjoyed it - mostly.  ;)  There have, of course, been some not-so-good days (This might be one of them.  PTL for naps.) 

I think the thing that has surprised me the most with this whole transition is how fast the days and weeks go.  My biggest fear was that we would be bored and run out of things to do, but that has been far from the case.  More than anything the to-do list has felt a bit overwhelming at times, and my multi-tasking ADD is at an all time high.  The things I used to get done while our nanny cared for the girls now have to get squeezed into nap time (and believe me, that 2 hour window goes far too quickly), or while the girls are awake, making those tasks range from a little daunting to nearly impossible. 

I've been even more amazed by my kids' uncanny ability to wake at the exact time I've chosen to go to bed - which is different each night - and require more attention, or somehow know that I set my alarm early to get a few things done before they wake, and without fail wake up before my alarm goes off.  Seriously, how do they do this?!  The talent is endless around here.

I've found that more than ever I have to really focus on time spent with them and not let myself get distracted by the other things I could or should be doing.  Sometimes a little playing is just good for the soul.  One of the fun things I love (and sometimes hate) doing with them is cooking.  They aren't exactly the "sit and observe" type, so occasionally we've had an extra heaping of salt or oats or whatever else they can get their hands on while I'm distracted.  I eventually wised up, and I now try to measure out ingredients before they join me so all they have to worry about is the dumping-in-a-bowl part.

A while ago we found a recipe for energy balls that we called cookie balls.  The recipe is really good and wholesome, and my kids love to make AND eat them.  It was one of our favorite recipes and Lyla would always request to make cookie balls.  Recently we found a company that has packaged up almost the exact recipe in a bag!  Eat Super Simple has pre-packaged all of the dry ingredients so all you have to do is add a few wet ingredients like peanut butter and honey.  Genius!  They are seriously tasty, and completely foolproof for little hands.  And just like the recipe we had used, are all good, wholesome ingredients.  I can't help but love a company that cares about the ingredients they use AND makes quality kid time a little less stressful.  :)

You can check out their Fuel (energy) and Milk (for breastfeeding moms) packages here.  Through April they are buy one get one half off with the code "spring".  Get some!  ;)

- K










No comments:

Post a Comment