Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Kissin' Cousins

Last weekend my cousins made a pit stop in Shakopee, MN to visit us on their Midwest tour..  My cousin, Natalie, brought her daughter, Viviana, and my cousin Bridgit brought her fiance, Luke.  I grew up in California with Bridgit and Natalie, and then we visited them about every 2 years after we moved to Colorado.  I have so many memories from my childhood with them, and every time we get together it's like no time has passed.  The way family should be.

The last time we were in California Lyla was 5 months old and we were celebrating Natalie's baby shower.  She had Viviana a month later, and we've never had a chance to get the girls together.  Lyla was bursting at the seams to meet her little cousin, so we let her stay up late when they took the "scenic" route and showed up about 3 hours later than planned.  ;)  Those girls hit it off immediately, they were two little peas in a pod.

We went sledding with the girls in the backyard, went out for donuts, headed to the Mall of America for lunch at the newly refurbished Rainforest Cafe and sightseeing, which just turned into shopping at the Rainforest Cafe store and "linner".  It happened to be the grand opening of the new location, and you could say there was a wait.  But the girls were mesmerized by the place, so it was totally worth it.

After that we left bedtime to a babysitter and headed out on the town, just us adults.  We went to dinner at Chino Latino - our favorite spot to take out-of-towners, followed by dancing.  It was a blast -  I didn't even want to leave at our predetermined time of midnight.  And if you know me, you know I do not like staying up until midnight, let alone after when I know all that's waiting for me is a 6am wake up call from two energetic little girls.  :)

It was such a fun time!  Can't wait for our next rendezvous!!

- K



















No comments:

Post a Comment