Monday, June 15, 2015

The Best Week in the History of Weeks

Last week was so good for the soul.  It was the first time in a long time that I've taken proper vacation time when family has come to town and getting to just relax and spend quality time with them and my girls was just what I needed. 

We've really been feeling the "busy" lately with all the little projects around the new house, constant messes from my sweet little hooligans, and trying to get ready for our visitors.  I found myself being frustrated more often than not.  Frustrated with the messes and never ending list of to-dos.  It was almost impossible for me to just sit and play, I always had a load of dishes or laundry or one more picture to hang. I'd get frustrated at not being able to get anything done if the girls were around - frustrated with them for not giving me a single minute to concentrate, frustrated with myself for not being able to do it all, and then frustrated that I'd just wasted those precious moments with my babies being frustrated about something that really didn't matter at all.

Last week was such a good reset.  I put the chores out of my mind and just focused on having fun.  We went swimming as much as possible, ate ice cream, made cookies, and roasted marshmallows.  We went to the mall, braved the rain for donuts at the farmer's market (because going to the farmer's market for fresh veggies is overrated), and played our guts out.

I had so much fun with my family and as always felt that twinge of sadness when they left.  It makes me miss having them around more often, but I also think that these memories are even sweeter when they're more rare, so I'll hold onto that - and just hope we can make it an annual trip.  I mean, who doesn't want to visit MN every year?  ...Bueller?

- K













1 comment: