Thursday, December 18, 2014

Evie Sis is 9 Months!



Last week Evie Sis turned 9 months and suddenly I'm right around the corner from planning ONE and THREE year old birthday parties!  My first inclination is to go into the whole "why is this going so fast" rant, but we've been there before.  The last 9 months have been a wild ride.  Having two kids is hard and wonderful, and having this little beauty in my life is an amazing blessing I thank God for each and every day.

Before I ever got pregnant with Evie I was talking to my grandma on the phone and kind of lamenting about the difficulties of motherhood.  She said something about kids being difficult because each one is so different and what works for one won't for the other.  Even though I knew it would be hard, I kind of liked what I heard.  I liked the challenge of really understanding each of my babies, taking the time to really "get" their little personalities. 

I'm sure as we approach that 2 year mark it will be more difficult, but so far it's been so fun to watch Evie and learn about that tiny person we created.  Her bright face is so precious and expressive with her dancing blue eyes, her crinkly little nose and that tongue that's almost always hanging out.  She's always been more cautious than Lyla, really studying things and observing, then mimicking.  It's amazing the balance she's gained with standing and climbing on things.  She's brave but not fearless  like her big sis, and it's saved her a heck of a lot of head bumps.  At this age we seriously considered putting L in a helmet because she fell and bumped her head so frequently.

E loves her animals, (but has a very hard time being gentle), hates getting her face or nose wiped, and still doesn't sleep through the night.  She's the happiest baby in the world, giggling and laughing and playing, until she gets mad or frustrated, and then she throws a pretty impressive little fit.  She pretty much hates baby food, and only wants to eat what everyone else is.  Her favorite is mac n' cheese.  She's also completely obsessed with baby dolls, grabbing them and hugging them, patting their backs and giving them big slobbery kisses.  It's pretty much the cutest thing in the world.

Having two little ones makes it harder to really dote on either of them, but I try to steal as many Evie Sis moments as I can, and each one fills my heart with joy.  I know it's cheesy because that's her middle name, but I can't think of a better word to describe it.  What is that feeling when your heart feels like it has butterflies and it's just glowing inside you?  I don't know, but that's how both of my girls make me feel, and I'm pretty sure that is the epitome of joy.

Love you, baby Sis!  Thanks for the very best 9 months.

- K













1 comment:

  1. We love that sweet smiley girl almost as much as you do! So glad you've been persistent with the weekly pics...those will be fun for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete