Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sister Things

Our girls are pretty hilarious these days with this full-fledged sister rivalry they already have going on.  Lyla has perfected the sweet, innocent little hug that somehow ends up around Evie's neck and gets just a little (or sometimes a lot) too tight.  And at just 7 months, Evie has the drama queen card tucked sweetly in her back pocket - and uses it frequently.  Like, every time Lyla comes near.

Whenever I'm sitting with L, Evie crawls right up onto my lap and pats on me, like, "Mom! Here I am!", and if I'm holding Evie then L suddenly gets boo-boo after boo-boo, and just has to be held and kissed after each one.  There's the toy stealing, and the hair pulling, and the squeezing, hitting, and jumping on.  But then there's the moments that are genuinely sweet - a kiss here, and a hug there, and a "mama, can I hold her?" 

It can be frustrating, but mostly it makes me laugh to see them developing their sister relationship so early.  I know it'll only get worse as they get older with the tattling and fighting, but what's a sister if not a little bit of a pain in the ass at times? 

These photos perfectly capture their relationship right now, and I can't stop laughing when I see them.  Mostly because it used to be hard to get a photo that wasn't blurry - now with two, it's pretty much impossible.  Also, I somehow captured about 20 of these, every one just about the same.  Poor Evie sis is just crying her eyes out and apparently I just kept on snapping photos.   I mean, you can't always give in to a drama queen's demands.  ;)

- K



No comments:

Post a Comment