Sunday, April 27, 2014

Arizona

I am so far behind on my blog posts...so much has happened over the last month but it turns out having two kids take up any extra time you once had.  Who knew?

We went to Arizona the first week of April for Ryan's 30th birthday.  Traveling with a 3 week old and 2 year old was interesting at times, but it was more successful than I ever thought it would be.  Our girls are awesome fliers.

Ryan's family got to meet Evie for the first time, and thoroughly spoiled Lyla with a new pair of sparkly cowgirl boots, a pink cowgirl hat and a horse you can actually ride around the house. 

It was a lot of fun to get in some warm weather and see family, but I think my favorite memory is from the drive back to the airport on our way home.  We had to get up early and head to the Las Vegas airport to catch our flight.  Ryan had thrown Lyla's hood on her sweatshirt up over her head before putting her in the car and about 15 minutes into the trip she says from the back seat "Lyla's head go?!" while patting the top of her head and feeling the sweatshirt material.  I died laughing and explained that she was feeling her sweatshirt hood over her head.  Her head was still in fact there, just covered.  A couple minutes later she says "Lyla's head!" And I turned around to see that she'd taken her hood off and found her head. 

Also, we saw the mom from "Everybody Loves Raymond" at the airport.  Lady's lookin' a little rough these days.  Too many late nights at Thunder Down Under I'm guessing.  ;)

- K



















No comments:

Post a Comment