Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Potty Training Eve


There's a new sort of holiday going on at the Chapman household.  It's officially Potty Training Eve, and I'm not really sure how I feel about it.  Lyla has been showing all "the signs" for a while now, and I even had "potty training" penciled in on my calendar for December, then cancelled it when the thought of little girl panties in my laundry brought me to tears.  Am I the only freak show mom that can't even handle getting rid of diapers because it means their baby is growing up?  Sigh.

Anyways, when my dad was in town we went to this baby boutique where there was a stack of potties on the ground.  Lyla waltzed right over and sat right down like she knew exactly what those things were for, so my dad bought one and brought it home.  Later that night she went over, sat on it and peed in her diaper.  All signs point to she's ready. 

Tonight Ryan came home early so we could make a big, exciting trip to Target for big girl panties (WAHHH), Dora pull-ups and treats galore.  Tomorrow's the big day.  Wish me and my emotions luck.  Oh yeah, and I guess Lyla too.

- K

3 comments:

  1. Heard LR decided to wait a month or two...she'll figure it out with no problem when she's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, especially its title. You had me at hello! One of my clients is a pediatrician and author of a soon-to-be released potty book for toddlers. Feel free to check out her website at deblonzermd.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check out her website on the next go round. ;) - K

      Delete