Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Little Puke Princess

Last night at 2am Lyla woke up and started crying in her crib.  After about 15 minutes I went in to see what was going on and the poor thing had thrown up all over.  She climbed right into my arms, and snuggled up in all her pukey glory.  After peeling off the sheets, blankies and millions of stuffed animals that were also covered in that nastiness we stuck her in the bath, put clean sheets on and got her ready for bed again.  In about 20 minutes she started crying again, and low and behold she'd thrown up again.  We started the process all over, and needless to say this morning came way too early.

Our poor little girl was so sick all day, barely holding down any food or even liquids.  She kept up a pretty good attitude until later in the day when she threw up for the umpteenth time, clinging to me and crying no, no, no, no!  The poor little thing just had to be held tight every time, resulting in frequent clothing changes for me too.  It's so heartbreaking seeing that tiny girl so miserable.

I think we're on the mend though, or at least I hope so.  She managed to drink some PediaSure juice and eat some mashed potatoes at dinner time, so I'm just praying we don't get another middle of the night wake up call.

On a better note we had our neighbor come over on Saturday to snap a few quick pics of us for a Christmas photo.  They turned out better than I expected, and it was a hell of a lot colder than I think we managed to make it look.  Here a few of those photos.  Now I need to go address all those envelopes and try not to fall asleep before the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.  Priorities, people.

- K






1 comment:

  1. Sharp looking family...and I can see Everly too!! Poor little LR, glad she's a tough cookie.

    ReplyDelete