Monday, October 28, 2013

Minion Pumpkin

I've mentioned before that Lyla is pretty obsessed with Despicable Me, particularly the minions, or "me's" in her world.  When I saw a minion pumpkin on Pinterest I knew I had to give it a shot.  I'm not particularly "crafty", something that I've recently chalked up to laziness but after starting this project I realized it's actually just a protective measure for my and my family's mental sanity.  You see, I can easily have OCD tendencies with these types of projects and something that starts out "fun" then turns into "why can't I get the PERFECT shade of blue?!"  And, "why in the world did I ever get rid of that compass I used in 5th grade?!  How am I ever going to draw a PERFECT circle???"  And then "I think I'll just work on it for 5 minutes now that L is napping", and suddenly her entire 2 hour nap is over and there went any chance of a shower for me. 

So really, it's not only a protective measure for my sanity but also my hygiene.

The things we do for our kids.  But luckily she totally loved it and every second spent was immediately worth it when she spotted it, yelled "ME!" and ran over to kiss, hug and snuggle it.  :)

You can find the tutorial here.

- K

 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment