Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Daddy Daughter Weekend

 
Well as most of you know by now via various social networks, we will be having another beautiful daughter come March.
 
For now, though, I would be remise if I didn't pay tribute to the amazing weekend Lyla Rose and I just had.  With Kassi in Seattle visiting aunty Jo, it was literally the first time L and I had been by ourselves for multiple days and we went all out. 
 
We ordered steaks and rotisserie chicken on Friday night.  On Saturday, Lyla picked her own breakfast of cottage cheese, string cheese, and milk... what baby wants, baby gets.  Then she cheered me on as Metropolis maintained our number one ranking on the rugby pitch and had a pizza and movie party that night. 
 
Sunday things got really crazy as we ran out for donuts for breakfast, took Kevin on a walk all over Minnesota, hit the swings, napped, went to the Vikings game, and then set up shop at McHugh's Irish Pub for the Broncos game in the afternoon. 
 
It was there that I really realized how hard single parenthood must be.  Lyla not only grabbed a urinal cake out of a toilet when my back was turned but also colored on a wall and knocked over an entire cart of ketchup and mustard bottles.  All leading up to a total melt down for MAMA at the front doors of the restaurant.
 
Funny thing is lately, even when its hard, I can't help but cherish these moments with my only (soon to be oldest) daughter. 
 
Now if I could just get her to hold still for a whole football game.
 
- R
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. She's a lucky girl with a great Dada and Mama, and now a little sister on the way!

    ReplyDelete