Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Another Pinterest WIN

Back before Lyla I used to love grocery shopping and picking out good, healthy food.  I loved looking up new recipes and cooking fancy schmancy meals for Ryan and I, and I didn't really understand my mom's complaints I had always heard of "what should I make for dinner?!" and "I haaate grocery shopping!!"

And then I had Lyla.  And I not only make those same complaints but become almost comatose when trying to think of what to add to my NEVER ENDING grocery list.  Typically some form of tacos or spaghetti wins out, and lately our meals have looked more like pizza, take out, and mac n' cheese.  I mean who has time to even think about what they should make, what ingredients are needed, and then actually make it in that short amount of time between work and baby's bath/bedtime??

But I have missed the fun I used to have with all the delicious and new recipes, and every time I open up my damn Pinterest recipe board I get a bit of a guilt complex.  So, I decided to spice it up tonight and make these grilled shrimp tacos and they were totally worth it.  Highly recommended by all three of us.  Even Lyla kept insisting "mo!"  Which is baby speak for "more" or "mom", "mermaid", "moon"...really any "m" word depending on the context.  But tonight, it was definitely MORE.

You can find the recipe for the corn salad and tacos here.  I used 2 cans of corn instead of corn on the cob, then sautéed it in a skillet with about 1/2 of the dressing.  I mean, who wants to have ALL fresh ingredients?!  ;)

Do yourself a favor and try them out!!

- K


 



No comments:

Post a Comment