Friday, July 12, 2013

Girl Power! (Not the Spice Girl Kind)




Today Ryan posted a pretty cool article about some pretty cool women on my FB wall, and for a guy that's never really been much of a "feminist", it was a little bit surprising.  I think this whole "having a daughter" thing may be changing him.  :)

In fact, it seems like I'm seeing such inspiring things about girls and women pretty frequently these days, and I love every second of it, so wanted to share them here.

Like this quote from Kate Winslet:

“As a child, I never heard one woman say to me, ‘I love my body’. Not my mother, my elder sister, my best friend. No one woman has ever said, ‘I am so proud of my body.’ So I make sure to say it to Mia, because a positive physical outlook has to start at an early age.” – Kate Winslet

Which totally made me want to give her a hearty high five and yell "AMEN, sister!"

And these completely inspiring letters / stories in the news lately:

A Letter from a Daughter to her Mother

A Letter from a Dad to his Daughter

The Article Ryan Shared - About 4 Amazing Women

So, there you go ladies!  And guys, don't be fooled.  This is for you too.  Because the more your ladies love themselves, the more they're gonna be lovin on you too.  ;)

Have a good weekend!

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment