Friday, May 10, 2013

Love Letters: Dear Lyla


My Dear Lyla Rose,

I wanted to write a letter to you today, mostly for my own reference in case the time comes that I need some reminding.  I love you, baby girl.  Oh, how I love you.  With my whole heart and soul, I love you.  You’re a sweet little thing with the slightest streak of naughty that makes me love you all the more.   The thing is, you’re just a baby now, and we still share such a close and precious bond that today it’s easy to love you.  With your crazy hair, dark brown eyes, chubby cheeks, knuckle dimples, all those rolls, your sweet hugs and kisses, the way you lean on me to read books, and so much more…how could I not love you?

But I realize that some day it may not be so easy.  Some day you might make a decision I disagree with, or life choices that I can’t understand.  There will be times I’m mad at you, or you at me, but I want you to know that no matter what – NO. MATTER. WHAT. – I love you.  Forever and ever you have my heart and my undying, unconditional love. 

I pray that as days continue to fly by that I will remember this.  That you will feel it.  I hope you have comfort in talking to me about anything and everything – the good, the bad, and the ugly.  And more than anything I hope that my response is loving and graceful.  That my response let’s you know that no matter what, it’s ok.  Because it is.  I am yours, and you are mine and you will have my love, support, respect, and praise until the end of time.  No matter who you become, YOU are my dream come true.

Because, as that dumb book that makes your silly mama cry every single time says – I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always.  As long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.

- Your Mama

P.S. Daddy says “ditto.”  And also that he’s always available for beat up duty.  Any time.  Any place.

1 comment:

  1. She's sure to test your love as she grows up, but Lyla Rose will always be able to count on her parents love, and from all of her family!

    ReplyDelete