Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Throwing Tantrums

The funny thing is when you read the title you probably thought I was talking about Lyla, am I right?  The sad part is I was actually talking about myself.  No, really.

So the other day I had the lofty goal of taking the perfect picture of L for Instagram.  I mean, we're talking big, important things here.  And I was immediately reminded that at 13+ months, this girl does not sit still.  For anything.  I see these other pictures of these sweet little babies sitting still in these perfect, elaborate settings and I always think how do they do it?!  Our girl is like a freakin bull in a china shop.  A colorblind bull that only sees red and flails about all day and night.  I'm serious.

Anyways, I digress.  So here I am desperately trying to get the perfect picture of her, bribing her with string cheese and animal cookies and the iPad, and spending way too much time doing so, with the only results being blurry photo after blurry photo.  I naturally started to get a little frustrated.  And then I gave up and started banging my fist on the floor and yelling "WHHHYYYYYY?!?!?!?!"  Seriously...I did it.

I've often said that I kind of can't wait for Lyla's first tantrum because I want to see just how dramatic and crazy it really is.  And in that moment I realized that it will probably look a lot like what I'd just done.  Not only because she is my blood, but because I literally just taught her how to have a serious 2 year old tantrum.

You'll be glad to know that I was able to pull myself together, and I did finally get a kind of perfect picture, which I happily settled for.  I mean the girl obviously has to live with a semi-decent mother, so I can deal with a semi-decent pic, right??  ;)

- K

P.S. Here's a couple of the outtakes:





No comments:

Post a Comment