Monday, February 11, 2013

Snow Day



It seems like I haven't had much time with my babies lately.  Our big trip home for Lyla's first birthday was like most our trips home with a tightly packed agenda.  This weekend however, was the first low key weekend at home literally since November and the most fulfilling I can remember.

Kassi and I got to escape after baby bedtime on Friday night for a movie (Silver Linings Playbook is not nearly as terrible as it looks).  Saturday I shoveled my way out to the grill and we cooked up an awesome feast.  Steaks, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, and sweet potato tots.  Sunday, we hit Santorinis for brunch where Lyla ate almost every item in the entire buffet, or at least tasted it and then threw it on the floor.

Then we spent the afternoon playing in the snow... and it was the cutest shit ever.  I spent most of my childhood playing the snow and wasn't sure what a one year old would get out of the experience but she loved every minute of it.  She squealed when we pulled her around in her new sled and her snow suit came in handy as she crawled around.  I have been bemoaning the purchase price of said snow suit for weeks so glad to see it finally put to use... :) 

We even got an invite to the neighbors beer cheese soup cook-off and had a fabulous time eating and drinking (yes I did get type II diabetes thanks for asking) and showing off our little celebrity baby... and all in time for 7pm bed time.  Love my girls.

Here’s to another week... see you next weekend!

- R






1 comment: