Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One Year


Today my baby girl turned one.  This year has been the most beautiful year of my entire life.  I've learned so much.  And given up so much.  And gotten so much more.  I've fallen in love...a whole new kind of love that is simply indescribable.  Only you other moms will ever know.  I've found my meaning.  Who I was always meant to be.  Her mama.

This girl is such a blessing.  She is a light in a world that doesn't seem to have much left at times.  She brightens people's days...even complete strangers.  She is a lover.  And the innocence in her eyes is so precious. 

I love her, I love her, I love her.  And even though I'm crying as I write this, looking back at the last 365 days and wishing they hadn't gone so fast, I wouldn't trade the girl I have right now, today, for any other version of herself. 

I love you more than words can say, Lyla Rose.  You have forever stolen my heart.  I thank God every hour of every day for blessing me with you.  I am so thankful to be your mama.  Watching you grow has brought me so much joy over the past year, and I can't wait to see what the next years have in store.

- K

walking at her birthday party tonight

and falling too :)

eating her very own slice of pizza

stealing icing from the cake

and more icing...

...and more icing

and a pony!

No comments:

Post a Comment