Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cleaning and Scrubbing


My mom embroidered a version of this sign when she was pregnant with me, and I remember being a kid and looking at the picture of the mom rocking a baby and reading it to myself.  Never did it have the impact it does now.  I especially love this version, and plan to hang it in my own home. 

The last year has definitely taken a toll on the cleanliness of our house, and sometimes I start to feel guilty about slacking with the chores.  But when I read this I am comforted by the fact that I never turn down an opportunity to play, laugh, rock, or snuggle my baby.  I may not pass any white glove tests in the near future, but I can tell you that when Lyla graduates high school, or college, or even on her wedding day, I won't look back and remember messy floors.  What I will remember is the warmth and smell of that little baby in my arms, and I will be so glad I took advantage of every one of those moments.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment